Every year, the Easter Bunny stashes eggs throughout our home. Every year, our children wake us near dawn, straining at the leash. This means I’ve been up at dark-thirty filling and hiding eggs and want nothing more than to go back to bed. Much like Christmas as an adult, come to think of it…
The Easter egg hunt holds some lessons for the job hunt, too:
- Be enthusiastic. Expect wonderful things to appear unexpectedly. Enjoy the hunt. Have a spirit of discovery and delight.
- Be curious. Look in unlikely places. The legendary “hidden job market” just means “takes effort and luck to find.”
- Be energetic. Keep moving. Don’t linger in one spot, keep looking. Traffic is always light on the extra mile.
- Play nice. Share information and tips. It’s not a zero-sum game. Everyone can win. Helping others with advice may prove to be an investment, coming back to you in unforeseen ways.
- Starbursts might be flavored wax. The jury’s still out on that one.